- The Coordinated Services Committee will develop community strategies of improving service delivery, efficiencies and cost effectiveness in reducing homelessness. Centralized Intake is an example of reviewing community needs and implementing this for Polk County.
- Meeting schedule: Monthly, 4th Wednesday, from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM via Zoom and an open committee.
- The Finance Committee reviews the CoCB income and expenditures, develops, reviews and oversees financial systems and operations.
- Meeting schedule: Monthly, 1st Tuesday, from 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM via Zoom and not an open committee.
- The Governance Committee will direct the planning, design and structure for an effective Continuum of Care.
- Meeting schedule: This committee meets 2 times a year and not an open committee.
- The CoC Grant Committee will lead the annual local CoC Program competition and preparation of the collaborative application in compliance with the HUD Notice of Funding Announcement (NOFA). The committee will guide strategic planning efforts to maximize federal funds by addressing HUD’s priorities and performance goals. In addition, the committee will consult with the City of Des Moines in the annual Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) allocation plan, including community funding priorities; assist in the Request for Proposals (RFP) and evaluating applications for funding.
- Meeting schedule: Monthly, 4th Tuesday, from 11:00 to 12:00 PM at via Zoom and not an open committee.
- The Housing Committee will recommend strategies to develop affordable housing resources to meet the needs of households at-risk of homelessness.
- Meeting schedule: Monthly, 3rd Monday, from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM via Zoom and an open committee.
- The Nominating Committee is responsible for soliciting and identifying qualified candidates for the CoC Board of Directors. The Nominating Committee will identify expired terms, recruit qualified candidates and submit recommendations for nominations. The Continuum of Care Board will submit recommendations for appointments that will be considered by the Homeless Coordinating Council.
- Meeting schedule: Meets as needed and looking for committee members.
- If interested in becoming a board member please contact Angie Arthur at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The Performance Committee will establish, monitor and evaluate performance goals and measures of evidence of progress toward meeting the goal of reducing homelessness.
- Meeting schedule: Monthly, 4th Thursday, from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM via Zoom and an open committee.
Polk County CoC Director Council
- The Provider Advisory Committee will provide consultation and input to the CoCB.
- Meeting schedule: Monthly, 2nd Wednesday, from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM via Zoom.
- The Service Council is a committee of direct service providers to provide a space for open communication and facilitate collaboration within the housing delivery system.
- Meeting schedule: Monthly, 3rd Wednesday, from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM via Zoom and an open committee.